Ballet, Contemporary, Jazz, Modern, Musical Theatre, QLD, Tap
I have had extensive experience in many fields of performing arts and enjoy using my knowledge and skills to help and encourage eisteddfod performers. I have had several years away from adjudicating to look after my youngest son. However, he is now old enough to allow me to return to work and I have several adjudicating jobs lined up for 2019.
As an adjudicator, I work very hard to ensure my reports are positive and encouraging, but also constructive, so students and parents feel they have learnt something from the experience.
I work fast and efficiently during sections – no-one likes an eisteddfod to run late or too much waiting around. However – I do like to spend time at the end of each section explaining the reason for my adjudications and speaking to the performers as I present awards as I hope the Eisteddfod will be a valuable learning experience for performers and their families.
I have been involved in eisteddfods and competitions in many capacities over the past 30 years. Firstly as a child performer then later as an organiser and convenor, scribe, announcer, teacher and director, adjudicator and most recently a parent with my own son competing.
For 25 years Olivia Hill has run a successful theatre school where thousands of children have been trained in speech and drama, singing, classical ballet, jazz, tap and hip hop dance as well as acrobatics, musical theatre and performance.
Past students are employed all over the world as well as playing lead roles in Australian musicals and theatre.
In running my school I:
- Deal with public relations and create and arrange advertising.
- Train teachers both in studio “diploma” classes and on the job.
- Use computer technology extensively to communicate with teachers, parents and students as well as to create informative notes, advertising materials, word processing, edit music and maintain and edit a website
- Manage up to 450 students and up to 20 different staff members
- Attend classes in an advisory capacity and work with teachers to solve problems.
- Create programs and plan classes for speech and drama, dance and musical theatre classes for students aged from 6 months to diploma level.
- Write and adapt scripts for plays, pantomimes and dance shows.
Prepare students for examinations to diploma level in dance, musical theatre and drama.
- Prepare students for performances including concerts, eisteddfods, pantomimes and professional gigs.
- Tour with students around Australia, the UK and USA where they have performed and taken part in classes.
- Negotiate with schools, venues, and educators.
Education and Training
Trinity College London
Associate Trinity College London 1994
Licentiate Trinity College London 1996
Queensland University of Technology
Bachelor of Arts 1998
Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing
Modern Jazz Teachers Certificate 2007
Tap Teachers Diploma 2003
Theatrical Teachers Diploma 2002
Jazz Award (Honours Plus) 1999
Royal Academy of Dance
Grade Eight Award 1998
Teachers Certificate 2006
Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
Trinity College London (Licentiate)
Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dancing (Member)
Royal Academy of Dance (Member)
Stanthorpe Drama 2003
Biloela Drama 2004
Redlands Drama 2011
Mt Isa Dance 2012
Orange Drama 2012
Mt Isa Drama 2013
Tenterfield Dance and Drama 2013
Lismore Drama 2013
Armidale Dance 2014
Murwillambah Drama 2014
Redlands Drama 2014
Gold Coast Drama 2014
Murwillambah Drama 2019 (future)
Redlands Drama 2019 (future)
Phone: 0408 143 424